Job Opportunity: Academic Internship Coord. at Stockton University (NJ)
Title: University Academic Internship Coordinator
Location: Main Campus
Job Category: Professional
Department: Academic Affairs
Posted Date: 11/17/2017
- Manage affiliation agreements and maintain database, particularly for those programs that do not have a designated internship coordinator.
- Collaborate with faculty and staff who currently coordinate student internships for their academic programs.
- Develop internship opportunities by connecting faculty/student need with community need through direct agency contacts. While internship development would be primarily for undergraduates, there may be some graduate student internships as well.
- Market and promote internship opportunities.
- Conduct workshops or information sessions for faculty and staff.
- Develop and lead a committee to share internship information and ensure communication.
- Work with relevant offices and groups involved in internships such as legal, risk management, faculty, students, the Career Center, Service Learning, and the Center for Community Engagement.
- Initiate and maintain a centralized web presence for academic internships.
- Demonstrate, through past accomplishments and actions, the ability to support Stockton University’s diversity commitment and strong student-centered vision and mission.
- Master’s degree in higher education or related field
- Experience working with internships and/or with the basic elements of career services
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience working with college faculty and students in the process of placing students in credit-bearing internships.
How To Apply:
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the on-line application in addition to providing the following required documents. All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move forward. You may upload documents using; Word, PDF or Videos.
- A letter of interest describing specific skills and experiences
- A current resume or curriculum vitae
- A list of three professional references (included in the application): Name, Organization, Email address and Telephone
Minimum Education Required: Master’s Degree
Required Documents: Letter of Interest, Resume