CLDE 2018: Proposal Deadline Extended to 2/5
Call for Proposals EXTENDED
Proposals Now Due Monday, February 5, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time
There is still time to be a part of the 2018 Civic Learning and Democratic Engagement (CLDE) Meeting in Anaheim, California from June 6-9.
The proposal submission deadline has been extended to Monday, February 5, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
Submit your proposal(s) online.
When submitting a proposal for this year’s convening the conference committee asks you to consider how to answer the four questions proposed in our emergent theory of change and how these threads and tags intersect with your work whether it be around assessment, political engagement, community partnerships, service-learning, dialogue and deliberation, and so forth.
This meeting is designed around our emergent theory of change which poses four important questions:
- Purpose: What are the key features of the thriving democracy we aspire to enact and support through our work?
- Learning Outcomes: What knowledge, skills, and dispositions do people need in order to help create and contribute to a thriving democracy?
- Pedagogy: How can we best foster the acquisition and development of the knowledge, skills, and dispositions necessary for a thriving democracy?
- Strategy: How can we build the institutional culture, infrastructure, and relationships needed to support learning that enables a thriving democracy?
- More details about the conference can be found online.
- Register by May 1, 2018 to get the best rates.
- Book your hotel room here by May 15.
We look forward to seeing you at the Hyatt Regency Orange County from June 6-9, 2018!