Go Higher Further Together: Roadtrip Nation
Get ready for an adventure! Roadtrip Nation is sending 3 students on a cross-country road trip! Apply here by April 3, 2017: http://roadtripnation.beating-the-odds-roadtrip-apply.sgizmo.com/s3/
When you take charge of your future, anything is possible. But it takes hard work and struggle, and no one can do it alone. Roadtrip Nation is sending three students who have beaten the odds by making it to college on a free four-week road trip across the U.S. As they go, they’ll meet groundbreakers and trailblazers who overcame their own struggles to succeed, and discover what’s possible when you set your sights high and go after your dreams no matter what.
You’ve worked hard and come far to get to college! Now get inspired for the adventures and challenges ahead! We’re taking a road trip across the U.S. to talk to people who have pushed past obstacles to reach their dreams, and we want you to come along! It’s free!
Apply by April 3, 2017
We’re Roadtrip Nation, and we send people on road trips to talk to individuals who’ve built lives around what they love. We film it all and turn it into a show to inspire people to go after their interests.
This time, fueled by the ACT Center for Equity in Learning and with the support of Michelle Obama’s Better Make Room campaign, we’re sending students who’ve beaten the odds to make it to college (or are on their way!) on a four-week road trip across the U.S. to talk to people who have overcome struggles to succeed. If you’ve overcome educational, societal, or financial hurdles, or faced down odds that might have kept you from getting to where you are today—we’re looking for you.
- The application is open to current and prospective students in community college, four-year colleges or universities, or industry training programs who are between the ages of 18-26.
- Applicants must be available to commit to travel from July 16 through August 10, 2017. If chosen, you’ll travel in a Roadtrip Nation RV to meet industry leaders and explore pathways within a variety of fields.
- Individuals who are chosen will help plan the trip, researching and booking interviews alongside Roadtrip Nation.
- This is for a documentary, so you’ll be filmed, and the footage may be shared on public television and other video platforms.
- All travel expenses, plus a daily stipend for food, are paid for by Roadtrip Nation.
- Questions? Check out our FAQ page.
- Click here to learn more about how to make this page accessible.
To apply, answer a few questions and submit by 4/3/2017 at 11:59 p.m. PST.