Join Us! Engage the Election 2016 Debate Watch #iDebate16 Tweet-Ups
As part of our ADP/TDC Engage the Election 2016 initiative powered by icitizen, we will be hosting a series of Presidential Debate Watch Tweet-ups.
Consider tweeting your ideas, questions, analysis and observations about the 2016 Presidential and Vice Presidential Debates as part of a political science, communications or other academic course or as part of a watch event planned on campus. Or join the conversation on your own! Whether you’re hosting a campus or organizational Debate Watch Event or will be tuning into the debates on your own, we hope you’ll join us on Twitter using the #iDebate16 hashtag for a robust conversation and analysis of the debates, the candidates and the issues confronting our democracy. If you’re hosting a debate watch event and/or plan to participate in these tweet-ups, please register your participation in this Google Form.
icitizen is a civic technology company that will be conducting polling throughout the Presidential debates, as well as the election itself. We want to hear your voice! Go to www.icitizen.com, and/or download the icitizen app on your smartphone or tablet. You’ll be able to vote in polls and see how your answers stack up against other students nationwide.
Illinois State University’s Social Media Analytics Command Center (SMACC) will track and provide analysis of our #iDebate16 tweet-ups.
As ADP and TDC are non-partisan and interested in preparing the next generation of informed, engaged citizens, we hope many of you will join us and encourage your students to do so as well—we want to encourage more students to engage in the electoral process and are not looking for a partisan battle, but for a supportive, interesting, and analytical conversation that encourages civic and political engagement.
- What: ADP/TDC 2016 Presidential Debate Watch Tweet-Ups
- Monday, 9/26 Presidential Debate 1 from Hofstra University in NYC from 9 p.m. – 10:30 p.m. Eastern (our programming from 8:30 to 11
- Tuesday, 10/4 Vice Presidential Debate at Longwood University in Virginia 9 p.m. – 10:30 p.m. Eastern (our programming from 8:30 to 11)
- Sunday, 10/9, Presidential Town Hall Meeting (time not yet announced)
- Wednesday, 10/19 Presidential Debate 2 from UNLV from 9 p.m. – 10:30 p.m. Eastern (our programming from 8:30 to 11)
- How: On Twitter using the hashtag #iDebate16; it only takes a few minutes for most students to learn to use Twitter, and they can create an account at https://twitter.com
- Follow: @ADPaascu, @TDCnational, @icitizen and @ISUSOC_SMACC
Be sure to check out our all-new 2016-debate-watch-tweet-up-guide!
Debate Watch Event Resources: