ADP/TDC Engage the Election Initiative Nonpartisan College Voting News and Resources
July 2016 Edition
Register Now | ADP/TDC ENGAGE THE ELECTION 2016 WEBINARS
- Thurs. July 28th Walk 2 Vote Webinar: #Walk2Vote is a student led, student executed, non-partisan political engagement program. Co-founder and past University of Houston-Downtown student body president John Locke will discuss how to organize one on your campus. RSVP here!
- Weds. August 24th Voter Registration & Campus Technology Webinar: TurboVote and their partner campuses will present research on how to substantially increase student voter registration through technology. RSVP here!
Sign up by August 1st | NSLVE: The National Study of Learning, Voting and Engagement
Is your campus participating in NSLVE? Find out here. And, if you aren’t, learn more about why you should and how it works here.
Is Your Campus ALL IN? Participate in the ALL IN: Campus Democracy Challenge
The ALL IN: Campus Democracy Challenge is dedicated recognizing postsecondary campuses committed to preparing graduates for their public lives as citizens, members of the communities, and professionals in society, as it has historically been a responsibility of the higher education. Becoming ALL IN gives you access to resources to improve and share your success.
WHAT WE’RE READING
Graduating Students into Voters
Check out idea42’s 2016 publication Graduating Students into Voters. Ideas42 breaks down psychological barriers faced by student voters into eight categories and discusses nine different strategies to overcome these barriers.
Voter’s Self Defense Manual
Born from an idea promoted by over 40 national leaders of both parties including two former presidents (Jimmy Carter and Gerald Ford), Vote Smart now uses hundreds of students, volunteers and staff from every state to collect facts on every candidate and elected official in six areas.
State-by-State Student Voting Guides
One of the biggest barriers for students to register and vote is a lack of understanding of registration deadlines and requirements. The Campus Vote Project has put together a resource tool to help students understand these deadlines and requirements on a state-by-state level.
VOTER REGISTRATION & EDUCATION RESOURCES
- Thurs. July 28: #Walk2Vote Webinar
- Wed. August 24: TurboVote Webinar
- Fri. September 16: Constitution Day
- Tues. September 27: National Voter Registration Day
- Tues. November 8: Election Day
- Fri. January 20: Inauguration day