What’s New with ADP| March 2016
March 2016 Edition
ANNOUNCEMENTS & ACTION ITEMS
- Register by April 25th for the best rates!
2016 Civic Learning & Democratic Engagement Meeting (#CLDE16)
Thursday, June 2, 2016 to Saturday, June 4, 2016
Indianapolis Marriott Downtown • Indianapolis, Indiana
- For more information about CLDE 2016: http://www.aascu.org/meetings/clde16/
- Register online here. Early-bird deadline is April 25th. Check out the Pre-Conference Institutes on Assessment, Political Engagement, Dialogue & Deliberation, Economic Inequality and one especially for students!
- You can book your hotel room by May 10th at the Indianapolis Marriott Downtown here.
- Register for a Pre-Conference Institute on Wed., June 1.
- Become a Mentor / Mentee at the #CLDE16 Meeting: submit your interest here.
- RSVP Now for the ADP/TDC Engage the Election 2016 Webinar on National Study of Learning, Voting & Engagement (NSLVE) |Wednesday, March 30 at 2:30 p.m. Eastern
In this webinar, researchers from Tufts University’s Institute for Democracy and Higher Education will share findings from the National Study of Learning, Voting and Engagement (NSLVE), a study of voting rates at the student and institutional level.
Speakers: Nancy Thomas, Director, Institute for Democracy & Higher Education and Ishara Casellas Connors, Associate Director, Institute for Democracy & Higher Education.
- Nominations for Three ADP National Awards Due April 1, 2015
- Register for the 2016 Stewardship of Public Lands faculty seminar in Yellowstone National Park from August 1-6. More information here.
ADP/TDC Engage the Election initiative powered by icitizen:
- What We’re Watching: You can watch the first webinar in our series focused on Becoming a Voter-Friendly Campus with Mike Burns of the Campus Vote Project here: https://aascu.adobeconnect.com/p77vf4kyq1c/
- Find other nonpartisan election information and resources on the website here.
ADP CAMPUS SPOTLIGHT:
- Fort Hays State University (Kan.): FHSU ADP and Black Student Union students spoke out for equality. Students expressed their take on the importance of Black History Month and equality in society by taking photos of students who had written out their feelings on either subject. To read more on the event, click here.
- Indiana State University:Indiana State University’s ADP kicked off its Pizza & Politics series with an event focused on the New Hampshire first primary election, to educate students about the process of electing the next president.
- University of Central Oklahoma: UCO’s ADP hosted an event to teach students how to be prepared to be knowledgeable, involved citizens in their communities once they graduate college. To read more, click here.
- University of North Georgia: UNG has partnered with Democracy Works (TurboVote) to research the integration of civic engagement into existing technology on college and university campuses across the country. To read more, click here.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE BLOG
- CIRCLE’s Youth Electoral Significance Index: CIRCLE recently released the Youth Electoral Significance Index(YESI), their exclusive, data-based rankings of the states and districts where young voters, ages 18-29, can have a disproportionately high impact on the 2016 Presidential and Congressional elections.
- ADP/TDC Economic Inequality Initiative Student Summit: This event, coordinated by students, staff and faculty from both Keene State College (N.H.) and Mount Wachusett Community College (Mass.), will provide opportunities for students from across the Northeast region to participate in a mock Congress, hear expert perspectives on economic inequality, and network with their peers. To learn more and register, click here.
WHAT WE’RE READING
2016 DATES FOR YOUR CALENDER
- March 20-23: National Campus Compact – 30th Anniversary Conference, Boston
- April 2&3: Economic Inequality Student Summit at Keene State College (N.H.)
- April 25: Early-Bird Deadline for #CLDE16
- May 10: Hotel Deadline for #CLDE16
- June 1-4: ADP/TDC/NASPA #CLDE16 Meeting, Indianapolis
- August 1-6: ADP Stewardship of Public Lands Seminar, Yellowstone