ADP Campuses in the News | November 2015 Edition
ADP in the News is a compilation of brief updates about American Democracy Project (ADP) activities at participating colleges and universities and is a semi-regular news feature on our blog. Below you will find the latest edition of this series.
If you have an ADP event you’d like posted in this format, please email email@example.com.
- Bloomsburg University (Penn.): Pennsylvania has made it easier for residents to register to vote and students can register online with TurboVote. Learn more here.
- Fort Hays State University (Kan.) hosted several events in September to promote civic engagement. Learn more here.
- Georgia College’s ADP hosted a forum on Thursday, Oct. 8 to discuss issues important to the upcoming election; learn more here. They also hosted a panel event on racial discrimination (more here and here). On November 17, 2015 they will present the ‘Effects of Symbolism’ (more here).
- Illinois State University hosted a set of debate parties so that students can become engaged in the upcoming presidential election. Learn more here and here.
- Indiana State University is working on helping their students register to vote and become engaged in the election through debate watch parties. Learn more here and here
- Indiana University South Bend: An Elkhart Mayoral Candidate Debate was held Thursday, Oct. 1, 2015, at the IUSB Elkhart Center. The debate was sponsored by the IUSB Political Science Club and the campus ADP. here
- Keene State College (N.H.) hosted presidential candidate Hillary Clinton on October 16. Learn more about this event made possible by Keene’s ADP chapter here.
- Middle Tennessee State University hosted a panel on civil rights and the U.S. Constitution. Learn more here, here and here
- Missouri State held a Public Affairs Week focused on building healthy communities. Learn more here.
- Rhode Island College held an event on the importance of healthcare. Learn more here.
- Texas A&M – Central Texas hosted a Provost Lecture Series event focused on youth homelessness as part of their participation in the ADP/TDC Economic Inequality Initiative. Learn more here and here.
- University of Northern Iowa: A UNI professor and ADP coordinator wrote about the Iran Nuclear Deal. Learn more here. UNI held events describing unlikely friendships and literacy. Learn more here.