National Voter Registration Day is Tuesday, September 22, 2015 | Are You Ready?
Be a part of a national effort and strengthen your college campus by promoting National Voter Registration Day on September 22, 2015.
National Voter Registration Day is nonpartisan, 50-state day of action when thousands of organizations and volunteers organize to register voters.
There are many issues and candidates that impact students, higher education, and everyday life in our communities. Registering to vote is the first, critical step students take to ensure their voice is heard on Election Day. National Voter Registration Day is an opportunity to get involved no matter what political party you support or which issues matter most to you.
Please sign up to be a NVRD partner and provide voter registration materials on your campus. There are a variety of ways to get involved, even if you are not able to host and in-person event you can still:
- Send an all-campus email with a link to a voter registration forms and remind people to register to vote on National Voter Registration Day, September 22nd.
- Provide paper voter registration forms on your campus
- Post a link to voter registration forms on social media.
Our friends at the Campus Vote Project have provided a sample email below that you can use and other sample materials like logos, social media posts, and email content for voter registration activities are available at: www.NationalVoterRegistrationDay.org/resources/.
Let us know what your campus is doing for National Voter Registration Day by emailing adp (at) aascu.org!
Sample NVRD All-Campus Email
Subject line: TODAY is National Voter Registration Day!
There are many issues and candidates on the ballot that impact students, higher education, and everyday life in our community. To exercise your basic right to vote, get registered!
That’s why [COLLEGE NAME] is a proud partner and supporter of National Voter Registration Day. Be part of this holiday by registering to vote and encouraging your family and friends to register, too.
- Register to Vote: Don’t forget to include a proof of residency document.
- For more information checkout: NationalVoterRegistrationDay.org/register-to-vote
- Attend a National Voter Registration Day event: Find one near you.
- Spread the word: Once you make sure you’re registered, forward this email to a friend, ask them to join you and use #CelebrateNVRD throughout social media.
Thanks for taking a few moments to strengthen our campus —and our community—with your voice.