eCitizenship Webinar Series | Upcoming Webinars and Recordings Now Available
2013-2014 Webinar Series:
- What is eCitizenship? (September 26, 2013) | Recording | PDF
Presented by the eCitizenship leadership team, this webinar introduces ADP’s eCitizenship initiative. It includes a brief summary and history of the initiative; information on eCitizenship partner organizations, including TurboVote and GiveGab, which campuses can utilize to increase engagement on their campuses; and a summary of research that has been done on technology and democracy among college students.
- Where Do Students Get Their News and Why Does It Matter? (October 24, 2013) | Recording | PDF
Presented by Chapman Rackaway, a political science professor at Fort Hays State University (Kan.), this webinar summarizes research on the ways college students access information and how that impacts their engagement. It also provides insight on ways to use this information in classes and university programs that seek to help students think critically about the information they access online. This webinar also introduces participants to eCitizenship’s Informed Citizen Project.
- “Shared Values and Collective Impact (December 5, 2013) | Recording | PDF
Presented by Jeff Cohen, Director, FSG, this webinar focuses on increasing the impact of engagement among college students.
- Project Management for Student Leadership (January 23, 2014 | 1:30 p.m. Eastern)
This webinar will focus on strategies for training students to lead community engaged projects.
- To join the webinar: https://aascu.adobeconnect.com/r1edh2g6z4v/ and then connect via phone to the audio using: US (Toll): 1-719-387-8317 OR US (Toll Free): 1-866-642-1665
- Sustaining Student Leadership on Civic Engagement Projects (February 20, 2014 | 1:30 p.m. Eastern)
This is the fifth and final of a series of five webinars related to the eCitizenship initiative. This webinar will focus on ways to deal with the high rates of student turnover that sometimes doom large civic engagement projects. Specifically, the presenters will discuss strategies for sustaining student leadership after previous leaders move on to graduation or other activities.
- To join the webinar: https://aascu.adobeconnect.com/r7vm63g9i62 and then connect via phone to the audio using: US (Toll): 1-719-387-8317 OR US (Toll Free): 1-866-642-1665