What’s New with ADP [October 2013]
Happy October from the American Democracy Project!
September was a busy month for our campuses as both Constitution Day and National Voter Registration Day had faculty and students all sorts of civically engaged.
If you missed them, here are some highlights from the blog during the past month:
- “What is eCitizenship?” Webinar Recording and Slides Now Available
On September 26, 2013, the American Democracy Project’s eCitizenship Initiative held the first of five webinars. If you missed “What is eCitizenship?,” you can view the webinar or download the slides by clicking here.
- Time is Running Out to Register for the 2013 GCI
READ MORE about this year’s speakers and content.
- What ADP Campuses Do on Constitution Day
At the end of August, we emailed our ADP campus coordinators to inquire how their campuses were celebrating Constitution Day; the results are in. READ MORE
- eJournal of Public Affairs Releases Vol. 2 Issue 2, Call for Papers
Vol. 2 Issue 2 of the eJournal of Public Affairs was released and published at the end of August and is available online at: http://ejournal.missouristate.edu/.
- Global Challenges Project Launches Version 2.0 of National Blended Curriculum
AASCU’s Global Engagement Scholars were hard at work this summer updating Global Challenges: Promise and Peril in the 21st Century. The project takes inspiration from the Seven Revolutions framework created by one of Washington D.C.’s leading bipartisan think tanks, the Center for Strategic and International Studies, to examine key drivers of change likely to impact the world over the next 30 years. READ MORE
And keep in mind the following dates and events; remember that there are only a couple of days left to secure AASCU’s special rate for hotel rooms at the 2013 Global Challenges Institute:
- 2013 Global Challenges Institute – Friday & Saturday, November 8-9 in Washington, DC
Registration is now open, but the deadline to reserve hotel rooms at our $189/night is Wednesday, October 9, 2013. For more information, click here.
- eCitizenship Webinar #2: “Where Do Students Get Their News and Why Does It Matter?” – Thursday, October 24 @ 1:30pm
Stay tuned to the blog for more information.
Also, be sure to connect with us on our various social media channels, so you don’t miss anything this month!
Make it a great month!