Job Posting: NCoC Hiring Research Manager
The National Conference on Citizenship (NCoC) is seeking a Research Manager to lead the organization’s data analysis, and to support strategic development and management of research products and partnerships. The Manager will support organizational priorities to include conducting research, performing data analysis, managing projects and publications, developing research concepts and partnerships, and communicating findings to diverse audiences.
The Research Manager should possess both statistical skills and program management acumen. The ideal candidate will have: at least three years of professional experience in a research and/or programmatic role; knowledge of at least one statistical package, such as STATA, SASS, or SPSS, and experience analyzing large public datasets; ability to communicate complex statistics effectively with diverse, cross-sector audiences; superb attention to detail; ability to produce accurate research products on short deadlines; strong interpersonal skills; demonstrated initiative; and, ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously with a commitment to completing both long and short term projects. The Manager will be an integral member of NCoC’s program team and will report to the Director of Community Strategies.
NCoC is a congressionally chartered organization with a proud history of convening the civic engagement field and of advancing civic strategies through research, measurement, and facilitation. Our goal is to expand and deepen our research portfolio, particularly focusing on expanding civic health partnerships into all 50 states. We value excellence, creativity, and initiative. NCoC provides a nurturing work environment and generous benefits for our employees. We are an equal opportunity employer based in Washington, DC. This position will be based in Washington, DC.
To apply, please email your cover letter (including current salary), writing sample, and resume to Resume@NCoC.net. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and will be accepted until the position is filled. Please no telephone calls or additional emails.
Primary Position Responsibilities include:
• Conducting research and performing data analysis in support of the Civic Health Index portfolio (requires analysis of US Census Current Population Survey data)
• Supporting project and partner management by clarifying goals and outcomes; anticipating needs; and, developing and managing timelines
• Conducting analysis, drafting fact sheets and preparing issue briefs in support of specialized research engagements related to civic health
• Communicating research findings and publications to diverse, cross-sector audience
• Supporting strategic development of research agenda by working with program team to identify new opportunities, funders, and grant proposals
• Helping institutionalize program-specific and organization-wide metrics and measurement systems
• Other duties as assigned
The original posting can be found here.