#ThingsADPLoves This Valentine’s Day
By Stephanie South, Program Associate, AASCU
2. Our students, and their passion for what this work:
I’ve…made it my personal mission to ensure that professors and administrators embrace the civic mission. Administrators often talk about creating better citizens, but that mission never filters down to students.
Rachel Karess, Former ADP Student
3. Kid President’s pep talk. Watch it now (click here); then find your Space Jam!
4. This quote:
Everyone can be great because anyone can serve. You don’t have to have a college degree to serve. You don’t even have to make your subject and your verb agree to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love.
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
From “The Drum Major Instinct,” Delivered Feb. 4, 1968 at Ebenezer Baptist Church in Atlanta Georgia
5. #PoliticalValentines, now trending on Twitter.
6. The fact that kids say the darndest things, especially about Valentine’s Day. Read some of their brutally honest Valentines by clicking here.
7. This economically inspired graph:
Click here to read more about the economist who used international polling data to graph the percentage of people who say they experienced love yesterday against per capita GDP.
8. This app. Random, we know, but how awesome is this?! I can’t tell you how many times I have wanted to Photoshop a cat into my pictures.
9. Denver—the capital of my home state and where the 2013 ADP National Meeting is taking place.
10. That we are turning 10—an event which we will be commemorating in Denver and with our logo contest! Remember that entries are due Friday, February 15th.