ADP’s Logo Under Construction: Announcing our Student-Designed Logo Competition!
AASCU’s American Democracy Project, established in 2003, is commemorating its 10th anniversary during the 2012-2013 academic year. To celebrate this milestone, we’re sponsoring a student-designed logo competition for a new ADP logo.
A contest overview and guidelines can be found below. You can also download them here.
ADP Logo Design Competition Overview and Guidelines
AASCU’s American Democracy Project, established in 2003, is commemorating its 10th anniversary during the 2012-2013 academic year. To celebrate this milestone, we’re inviting submissions for a student-designed logo competition for a new ADP logo.
11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on February 22, 2013
The logo should reflect the American Democracy Project’s mission to prepare the next generation of informed, engaged citizens for our democracy. The logo should incorporate some thematic elements related to ADP, such as democracy, students, participation, engagement and/or learning.
- All designs to be original; no use of service marked or trademarked design elements can be included.
- The logo is limited to two colors and selection will consider how well the design translates to black and white.
- Graphics and illustrations can be used, but photographs may not.
- The logo must include “AASCU’s American Democracy Project”.
- The logo must include a space where participating colleges and universities can incorporate their name to customize the logo.
- The logo can be of any shape, but it should translate well to online use (such as Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites).
- For submission purposes only, send us your logo as a .jpeg, 72 dpi, maximum width 400 pixels.
Please note: If your logo is selected we will require a high-resolution Adobe Illustrator file.
- The logo can be designed by an individual or by a team, but all designers must be registered undergraduate students at an AASCU member college or university with an American Democracy Project program. For a list of such colleges and universities, visit http://www.aascu.org/programs/adp/participantsbystate/.
- You will submit your information and logo online via the web form at http://www.aascu.org/programs/ADP/10thAnniversary/LogoContest/. You will be asked to provide the following information at submission: first and last name, contact information (mailing address, phone number, email address), institution and class year (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior), the name and contact information for your ADP Campus Coordinator (phone number and email address) and a certification that no service or trade-marked design elements have been incorporated.
Files should be named as adplogo_Your First Initial and Last Name (e.g., adplogo_jdomagal-goldman).
- Deadline for logo submission is February 22, 2013.
This competition is open to current undergraduate students enrolled at an AASCU member institution with an American Democracy Project program. For a list of such colleges and universities, visit http://www.aascu.org/programs/adp/participantsbystate/.
Selection Process and Details:
- An internal AASCU committee and the ADP National Manager will review the logo submissions and select the logo that best reflects the mission of the American Democracy Project.
Designers are encouraged to familiarize themselves with ADP to gain a better understanding of what the logo should attempt to capture: http://www.aascu.org/programs/ADP/
- The winning designer(s) and logo, following notification and signing necessary documents, will be featured in a 2013 issue of the AASCU magazine, Public Purpose.
- The winning designer(s) and logo will also be featured on the ADP National Blog, as well as ADP’s various social media channels, including Facebook and Twitter.
- The winning designer will receive a waived registration fee for the 2013 ADP National Meeting (June 6-8, 2013).
In the event that the winning logo has been designed by a team of students, they will receive a registration discount equal to the full registration fee for one student.
- The winning logo will be officially announced and unveiled at the opening of the American Democracy Project National Meeting in Denver, Colorado June 6-8, 2013.
About the Logo:
The American Democracy Project logo will appear on most, if not all, printed ADP materials, including brochures, meeting programs, and monographs. It will also be included in electronic correspondence and will be prominently featured online on the AASCU website, ADP blog and social media channels, and other various web-venues.
By submitting a competition entry form, along with your logo design, you agree to the terms and conditions as outlined above and grant and assign all right, title, and interest in the logo to the American Association of State Colleges and Universities.
AASCU reserves the right to reject all submissions for this competition and/or to make its use available in any way AASCU determines (i.e., restricted use or unrestricted use).
For questions or more information, contact:
American Democracy Project National Manager
Domagalj@aascu.org | 202.478.4833