Become a Partner with Rock the Vote for the Midterm Elections
Rock the Vote wants to partner with you on the largest, non-partisan voter registration drive in the history of a midterm election. We admire the work that your organization does every day to build community, engage volunteers and address critical needs. Our hope is that you – and community-based, non-profit organizations like yours – use those deep connections to ensure that the people you touch are registered to vote. And that we can help you do it.
In 2008, Rock the Vote and over 20,000 partners helped over 2 million people get registered to vote and it is critical that we continue this momentum in 2010. We have a free and easy-to-use online voter registration tool that makes it very simple to get voters on the rolls.
You can sign up at www.rockthevote.com/partner to get started. Once you do, you will get a unique URL that links to your voter registration tool and code to put it on your website. The tool is simple, effective and can help you build your organization. Here’s how it works:
- Voters register using a secure, customizable registration widget and never have to leave your website to do it. You will get a unique code that allows you to put a link or button that spawns an overlay of the tool on top of your website.
- The step-by-step wizard guides users through the registration process in either English or Spanish and creates a PDF of the registration form that users print, sign and send to their Secretary of State.
- You have instant access to all of the information users enter through your site so that you can easily track registration totals and communicate with your lists.
- RTV hosts all partners’ tools for free and ensures that all data is transmitted to and through secure servers.
- You can customize your tool by adding your logo to it, add users to your email and mobile lists, ask people to volunteer for your organization and learn more about applicants by customizing survey questions that appear at the end of the registration process.
There are a couple of ways for you to use the online voter registration tool effectively: (1) putting the widget on your website and (2) providing a link to your tool through email and social media pushes to your community – volunteers, clients, constituents, donors, etc. We are eager to work with you, so let us know how we can help.
If you have any questions, please contact Eric Zoberman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-719-9915. Thank you for your continuing role in bringing positive change to our communities.