Call for Nominations: The K. Patricia Cross Future Leader Award
Call for Nominations
The K. Patricia Cross Future Leader Award
Deadline for receipt of materials: October 4, 2010
The K. Patricia Cross Future Leader Award recognizes graduate students who show exemplary promise as future leaders of higher education; whose work reflects a strong emphasis on teaching and learning; and who demonstrate a commitment to developing academic and civic responsibility in themselves and others.
The award honors the work of K. Patricia Cross, Professor Emerita of Higher Education at the University of California-Berkeley.
Please go to the K. Patricia Cross page of AAC&U’s Web site for complete information.
All doctoral-level graduate students who are planning a career in higher education are eligible, regardless of academic department.
Applicants must demonstrate:
1. Leadership ability or potential for exercising leadership in teaching and learning, with a strong commitment to academic and civic responsibility
2. Leadership or potential leadership in the development of others as leaders, scholars, and citizens
A faculty member or administrator must nominate the student, with a supporting letter from a second faculty member or administrator. The following materials must be submitted for an application to be considered:
1. A nomination letter from a faculty member or administrator
2. A supporting letter from a second faculty member or administrator
3. A statement from the student indicating how he or she meets the award criteria
4. A copy of the student’s curriculum vitae
Nominations can be submitted anytime, but no later than October 4, 2010. Nominees must also complete an online form with all contact information. Only complete nominations will be considered.
The K. Patricia Cross Future Leader Award provides financial support for graduate students to attend AAC&U’s 2011 Annual Meeting, which will be held in San Francisco, California, January 26-29, 2011. All award recipients are required to attend the conference.
The award includes travel, lodging, conference registration, and a one-year affiliation with AAC&U, including subscriptions to all AAC&U periodicals.
The award will be announced in December 2010, and recognized at AAC&U’s Annual Meeting in January.
Please contact Suzanne Hyers at email@example.com or 202.387.3760 with any questions.