Haiti Earthquake Response Resources: Paper Clip Communications
Below is a list of resources and materials that you may use as you formulate your campus’ response to the Haitian crisis. These are taken from the Paper Clip Communications resource page.
“The images coming from Haiti have been upsetting and disturbing. Many on campuses across North America and across the world have looked on and asked, ‘what can we do to help?’
As usual, colleges and universities are early leaders in rallying their communities – students, alumni, faculty and staff in organizing to help others recover from terrible tragedies.
Please find below a few resources to help you muster your community in its efforts to help the people of Haiti in both their short term needs and long-term recovery efforts. This includes a thirty minute webinar recording that offers concrete ideas your campus community can engage in immediately to assist in relief efforts.
The Disaster in Haiti: Higher Ed Responds.
- The Disaster in Haiti: What Happened & What’s Being Done to Help Click Below
- “How to Help” Resources Click Below
- Haiti: Conducting a Successful Education & Awareness Campaign Click Below
- 11 Things Colleges Can Do To Address The Situation In Haiti Click Below
News Regarding Higher Ed and Haiti
As the world focuses on the disaster in Haiti, stories about those related to higher education continue to emerge. The country’s largest institution, the University of Haiti, was demolished and other schools are in hard-hit Port-au-Prince. You can read more http://www.universityworldnews.com/article.php?story=20100117094947590
- 8 Lynn University (FL) students make it home while four students and two faculty members are still unaccounted for; two staff members vacationing in Haiti are okay – click here and here
- UC Davis grad student and her family found safe in Haiti; Haitian scholar returns to Haiti to check on wife
- UC Irvine students created Family Reunification Portal
- U. of Portland graduate working with children in Haiti killed
- Four Fairfield University (CT) students who were in Haiti when the earthquake hit are okay
- Three UC Berkeley students working in Haiti are safe
And here is information on how several campuses are addressing the situation in Haiti…
- Howl for Haiti: http://students.ncsu.edu/haiti/ Campus-Wide Disaster Relief Effort
- Haiti Earthquake Relief Efforts at http://newsinfo.iu.edu/news/page/normal/13172.html
- How Goshen College is Responding
- Dawgs for Haiti at University of Georgia http://dawgsforhaiti.uga.edu/
- Stonehill College (MA) Raising Money for Haiti Relief at Basketball Game
- Rutgers-Camden (NJ) Students Working Together to Help Haiti