The Center for Information & Research on Civic Learning & Engagement (CIRCLE) recently received a grant to study college student voting rates. 260 universities and colleges have already signed up including 43 of AASCU’s ADP campuses.
The National Study of Learning, Voting, and Engagement (NSLVE) presents an unprecedented opportunity for your campus to learn in aggregate numbers:
- how many of your students are eligible to register to vote
- how many registered and/or voted, and where (locally or elsewhere)
- the way your students voted (regular or absentee ballot).
To see a sample of a report you would receive, click here.
By participating in this study, your campus will also help build a national database for future research. CIRCLE will be working with de-identified student lists, so your students’ privacy rights are fully protected. This is not a survey!
If you are interested, you can also correlate voting with specific demographic information such as age, gender, race/ethnicity, field of study, and class level. CIRCLE has also been able to provide peer comparisons by Carnegie classification. To join the study, you must sign up by April 10th 2014 (click here for more details).
Beyond joining the study, NSLVE is offering a unique opportunity for you to learn what you can do with this data and share what information you would like to know in the future. Join this conversation by attending a free webinar on Friday, March 21 at 2 p.m. Eastern.
To join the webinar:
- Connect via the Web at: https://aascu.adobeconnect.com/ete-nslve/
- Call via telephone for the audio portion: 1-719-387-8317 OR 1-866-642-1665 (Participant Code: 499385)